Thrift Search

20130104

Project DIY #1

In my previous post I was wearing a button up singlet and mentioned "Project DIY". Well, this year I've set myself up a challenge and a resolution to SAVE MORE AND SPEND LESS which is going to be highly difficult. As I was cleaning out my wardrobe I found some clothing that can do a little bit of tidying, stitching and cutting here and there and not only am I recycling my old clothes, it will be inexpensive and I'll save who knows how much money! So throughout this entire year I am going to attempt re-creating second hand clothing a bit like "rags to riches" type concept. I've started by doing simple things like turning shirts into singlets and hoping that eventually I'll be doing crazy things on an item and might even start selling.

* Old school Just Jeans denim vest
I ordered a packet of 50 golden studs from eBay which was around $3, and attached it onto the pockets of the vest to add detail. This was the first item I DIY'd and I tried to keep it safe if I ever did make a mistake as I really do love this vest.


* One of a kind Button up shirt from Katies
Op-shopped from Summer Hill and turned it into a singlet simply buy cutting the shoulder pads and sleeves off to look like a tank top. Easy to do and all you need is a pair of sharp and good fabric scissors! I'm thinking of doing a seam finish to prevent it from fraying because its not made from a fabric that is used to make cotton tank tops.


Here are my first two DIY creations! I've already started on more so stay posted! If there are any unwanted clothing you'd like to donate to A Thrift Kind of Love please contact me or comment below!

Enjoy!
- B

No comments:

Post a Comment