Thrift Search

20121203

Singapore and Vietnam

It's been a long time! Just to let you know, I recently arrived back from my overseas trip to Singapore and Vietnam for my brother's wedding! So I did a little bit of shopping and thrifting in the Vietnamese markets and found a few things! I'm actually quite upset that I didn't purchase as many things as I thought I would, but it doesn't matter since I'm flying to New York and Paris in a month's time! While I was there, this is what I bought.

This singlet was purchased from the famous H&M and it sits on your torso like a men's t-shirt with cut sleeves. To be honest, I don't know why I didn't bother purchasing the other colours, it's so comfy! Suits everything, too.

This cute mini floral dress happens to be one of it's kind in Ben Thanh market of Vietnam. It's a "one size fits all" dress and luckily is just the right size for me in regards to length. Cheap too!

This singlet was also purchased from H&M and it was cool because they sell so many types of printed singlets that are this type of cut. Printed singlets seems to still be "in" the market and it just happened to be that this singlet was the only one that stuck out to me. H&M isn't really my store, and whenever I do go there I only ever buy two things maximum.


These boots are the cutest thing I have ever bought (for now)! I found these babies at a boutique in Singapore and it was pretty pricey for me, in comparison to what I normally buy. But I was overseas so that doesn't count, right?

THIS CUTE STRIPEY BAG WAS $10 SINGAPORE DOLLARS! Cheap yes!? Seriously cannot wait to put this thing to good use. Will definitely match any solid coloured garment.

I technically didn't buy this, my brother did...but I chose it! This is the most expensive item I have bought while I was overseas, yet my most favourite item. This black sweater with crotchet roses costed $100 from Zara Singapore and I couldn't be any happier to own this. Despite it being Summer here, I don't care I'll still wear this. 

This tiger cropped singlet is also one of a kind, purchased in Vietnam. I literally spent days hunting Vietnamese markets for a singlet or shirt like this! Too bad none in black :(

This shirt is by far simple, but something I really needed in my closet. My sister-in-law bought and chose this for me and I pretty much wore it the next day, lol.

Shu uemera eyelash curler! Ok, so I owned one of these about two years ago and I managed to lose it in my Boyfriend's Mum's car. Unfortunately, we couldn't find it after I realised I lost it in there. So, I bought a brand new one which happens to be a Christmas limited edition! To add to that, it was cheaper than buying Shu eumera's regular eyelash curler! Get it while it's cheap - $28

"Moustache you, what time is it?"
Cutest moustache watch I purchased for $10 Singapore Dollars!


After 1254654 years of using makeup, I finally invested in a maroon make up carry bag!  In the photo above this, you can see how the inside has two pockets on the side and it's so handy. It's a size that fits in most of my handbags, and I really should've bought more.

I highly recommend going to Singapore and Vietnam, even if it's just for shopping. I've been there twice already this year, it's cheap and I can't wait to go back for more cheap buys, hehe.

Ciao!
- B

No comments:

Post a Comment